Requirements For All New Members:
New applications for membership to the Washington Sportsmen's Club are always welcomed. We do however, have specific requirements that every prospective member must meet prior to being approved as a member. All new prospective members are voted on an individual basis by the Executive Board and the Board of Directors which meets on a regularly monthly basis. The following criteria must be met:
• All new applicants MUST be citizens of the United States. (Permanent status only - Temporary visas, Green Cards, etc. are not accepted)
• All new applicants MUST be of good moral character and agree with the purpose and function of the Club.
• All new applicants will be subjected to a criminal background check.
• All new applicants must complete the following Five Step Induction Process:
Step 1 The candidate will:
• Sign the application and submit appropriate fees.
Step 2 The candidate will:
• Criminal background check will be completed by the club.
Step 3 The candidate will:
• Attend (1) safety/ range orientation and at the conclusion will sign that they have completed orientation/understand and will abide by the rules of the club.
Step 4 The candidate will:
• After successful completion of Steps 1, 2, and 3, the Board of Directors will recommend a conditional membership to include a 1 year probationary period.
Step 5 The candidate will:
• The new member must complete a one year probationary period. During this time no range violations can occur and the new member is limited to no more than three (3) as guests per visit. The Executive Range Officer will monitor this progress. The Board of Directors will then recommend a final and unconditional approval to membership.
Please Note: All new applicants are encouraged to hold active membership in the National Rifle Association , although approval is not determined based on the fact of such membership.
There are several types of memberships that are offered to new applicants, they include:
Active Member: These are voting members that are 21 years of age or older. An active member is responsible for all applicable fees and dues. Presently, annual dues are $45.00 and the initiation fee is $45.00. There is also a $5.00 charge for a key that allows the member individual access to the club grounds and facilities.
Spouse: These are voting members that are 21 years of age or older. A spouse member is responsible for all applicable fees and dues. Presently, annual dues are $20.00 and the initiation fee is $0.00. It is mandatory that their partner be an active member in good standing.
Junior: These are non-voting members that are 12 to 17 years of age. A junior member is responsible for all applicable fees and dues. Presently, annual dues are $0.00 and the initiation fee is $0.00. Any application for junior membership must include applicant's current active parent or legal guardian. It is mandatory that the parent or legal guardian be an active member in good standing.
Dues Requirements for Current Members:
For current members, the following dues are required to be paid by December 31:
Active Member: Dues are $45 per year.
Spouse Member: Dues are $20 per year.
Junior Member: Dues are $0.00 per year.
Life Membership is available for Active members by the one-time payment of (currently) 10 times the current annual dues or $450. Life members are exempt from annual dues. Applicants for life membership must be an active member for a minimum of 1 year and must make application to the Board of Directors in writing.
Dues are to be mailed to the Club PO Box:
Washington Sportsmen's Club
P.O. Box 710
Meadow Lands, PA 15347
For the next scheduled Board of Directors meeting, consult the "Calendar Section" of this site.